on at sunset off in x number of hours

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Bob Brown 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

David Carr

I want to have lights turn on at sunset then shut off after several hours. My choice on the app is off at sunrise or “Do Nothing. I

#2259 Reply

Bob Brown

I do not have a solution to your exact issue of ‘on at sunset and off in x number of hours’, but I can offer an alternative which may help in which the light would turn off at an exact time such as 10:30pm.

In your first routine, you setup to turn on at sunset and off ‘do nothing’. This routine will turn the light on at sunset.

In another routine, you setup to turn off at 10:30pm. When you create the routine, set the ‘When should it start?’ to 10:30pm (or whatever time you would like); remember to select the days of the week; set your Fade as desired; under ‘What should happen?’ set the room under ‘Where?’; and then set the scene to ‘off’ for that room; and save.

I agree that it is unfortunate the routine for on at sunset does have a corresponding off at a time or hours, and that my solution requires 2 routines (which are not obviously connected), but this is the workaround I am using.

If someone has a better solution, please share.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: on at sunset off in x number of hours
Your information: